Dr. Teck Soo practices Neurological Surgery in Southfield, MI. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Soo prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ Of Dublin- Trinity Coll- Sch Of Physic- Dublin- Ireland 1987
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Leopard syndrome and Chiari type I malformation: a case report and review of the literature.
- Subdural hematoma after microdiscectomy: a case report and review of the literature.
- Aneurysm clips for durotomy repair: technical note.
- Antibiotic-impregnated polymethylmethacrylate as an anterior biomechanical device for the treatment of cervical discitis and vertebral osteomyelitis: technical report of two cases.
- Surgical treatment of idiopathic syringomyelia: Silastic wedge syringosubarachnoid shunting technique.
- Biomechanical evaluation of the pedicle screw insertion depth effect on screw
- Preventing proximal junctional failure in long segmental instrumented cases of adult degenerative scoliosis using a multilevel stabilization screw technique.
- C1-C2 cryptic cerebrospinal fluid leak directly identified by pressurized radionuclide cisternography: Case report and review of the literature.
- Management of Thoracic Disc Herniations via Posterior Unilateral Modified Transfacet Pedicle-Sparing Decompression With Segmental Instrumentation and Interbody Fusion.
- Failed stereotactic biopsy in a series of 518 cases.
Dr. Teck Mun Soo MD's Practice location
Southfield, MI 48075Get Direction
Dr. Teck Mun Soo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Soo
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Dr. Mark L. Goldberger DO29275 Northwestern Hwy Southfield MI 48034
- Dr. Azam Basheer M.D.1201 E. Michigan Avenue Jackson MI 49201
- Dr. Steven D. Ham D.O.3901 Beaubien St Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Amanda Nies D.O.11800 E 12 Mile Rd Warren MI 48093
- Dr. Fredrick S. Junn M.D.18181 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn MI 48124
- Dr. Mokbel K. Chedid M.D.Henry Ford Health System Detroit MI 48202