Dr. David E Skarda MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery100 Mario Capecchi Dr Suite 2600 Salt Lake City UT, 84113
Dr. David Skarda practices Pediatric Surgery in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Skarda treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Skardadiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 2001
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Ringer's ethyl pyruvate in hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation does not improve early hemodynamics or tissue energetics.
- Death caused by splenic artery aneurysm rupture during dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography: case report and literature review.
- One hospital, one appendectomy: The cost effectiveness of a standardized doctor's preference card.
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
Dr. David E Skarda MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84113Get Direction
Saint Paul, MN 55101Get Direction
Dr. David E Skarda MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Skarda
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Dr. Eric Richard Scaife MD100 N Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Marion L Walker MD100 N Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Dale Gedge Johnson MD100 N Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Jay K Riva-cambrin MD100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Douglas C Barnhart MD100 N Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Michael D Rollins MD100 N Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113