Dr. Carl Barus practices Emergency Medicine in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Barus assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Barus examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
- Member American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Affiliated Hospitals 2011
Dr. Carl Eben Barus M.D.'s Practice location
LEWISTON, ME 04240Get Direction
Dr. Carl Eben Barus M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barus
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- Dr. William G Santiago MD4900 Broad Rd Syracuse NY 13215
- Dr. Joseph Peter Markham MD4900 Broad Rd Syracuse NY 13215
- Dr. Derek Robert Cooney MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Eric Gorgon Shaw M.D.4900 Broad Rd Syracuse NY 13215
- Dr. Jawad Nadim Kassem MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Heather Dawn Tiller M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210