Dr. Joseph Duffy M.D.
Hospice and Palliative Care Specialist | Hospice and Palliative Medicine220 HAMBURG TPKE WAYNE NJ, 07470
Dr. Joseph Duffy is a top Family Practitioner in Wayne, NJ. With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to his specialty, Dr. Joseph Duffy is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through his designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Joseph Duffy is a prime example of a true leader in health care. As a leader and expert in his field, Dr. Joseph Duffy is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life, and embodies the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients. In Wayne, NJ, Dr. Joseph Duffy is a true asset to his field and is dedicated to the profession of medicine. Dr Duffy's experience traverses over 25 years in both the military and civilian worlds of medicine, with an extensive background in emergency medicine , aerospace medicine and family medical care.
Education and Training
School of Aerospace Medicine, USAF, San Antonio, Texas Flight Surgeon 1985
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1987
Ross University / School of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine 1987
Ross University School of Medicine 1987
American Board of Family Medicine
Hospice and Palliative Care (Family Medicine)
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Preceptor King's College Physican Assistant Program 2016 - 2016
- Clinical Assistant Professor-Family & Community Medicine New York Medical College 2016 - 2016
- Clinical Preceptor St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson, NJ 2016 - 2016
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Vascular Disease
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- American Board of Family Medicine
- New Jersey Hospital Association
- Aerospace Medical Association
- New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Medical Assistance Program- St. Mary Parish, Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Dr. Joseph Duffy M.D.'s Practice location
WAYNE, NJ 07470Get Direction
- New FDA Approved Drug for Lupus
Over time FDA approves some drugs to be used to treat different diseases. Almost every month new drugs are approved. There are a lot of research happening at the moment, and usually, most of these research lead to the development of better medications. There are new products that FDA approved in...
- Car Seats Should Not Leave the Car
According to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics, car seats, which are supposed to protect babies from injuries in a car, have increased risk of injuries when they are used outside of the car. In this study, led by Shital N. Parikh, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon at Cincinnati Children’s...
- What is Allergic Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis or pink eye is an infection that is easily transmitted, but it is also easily cured. Almost every person gets conjunctivitis at least once in their lifetime. There are many different subtypes of this infection, but for now we'll focus on the allergic contraction of...
- Teen with Autism Chosen to Sing at Carnegie Hall
Singing at Carnegie Hall is a massive accomplishment for any musician, but Ting Perlis could be especially proud of the feat as she is one of the few people with autism to be invited to sing at the prestigious performance center. However, she needed monetary assistance to make it there, and called...
- Don't Call Them Just Survivors; They Are "Overcomers"
It’s common to throw the word "survivor" thrown around when referring to people who have battled illnesses and diseases. However, a group in San Antonio prefers to refer to themselves as Overcomers.Genny's storyWhen Genny Small was diagnosed with breast cancer, she could not believe it. She...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...