Dr. Sylvia L Rael M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine7710 Mercy Rd Suite 428 Omaha NE, 68124
Dr. Sylvia Rael practices Sleep Medicine in Omaha, NE. Dr. Rael studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Sylvia L Rael M.D.'s Practice location
Omaha, NE 68124Get Direction
OMAHA, NE 68114Get Direction
Dr. Sylvia L Rael M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rael
- Clean Sleeping and Its Benefits for Sleep Apnea Patients
A lot of scientists focus on conducting research about the benefits of healthy sleeping, as well as the effects of having not enough sleep. Sleep is considered as a mysterious part of the human lives since there is no known scientific explanation why people sleep. However, despite this fact, sleep...
- Alternative Treatments for Restless Legs Syndrome
According to statistics, restless legs syndrome (RLS) affects about 15% of Americans. It is also important to note that restless legs syndrome can be a side effect of certain medications. It will clear off when you stop taking such medication. A variety of alternative treatments is existent....
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Do You Suffer from Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is also referred to as sleepiness or drowsiness. It is a state of having a strong desire to sleep or sleeping for unusually long periods of time. The term somnolence comes from the Latin word somnus, which means sleep. Somnolence can be accompanied by signs of...
- Dentistry Makes Strides for Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Considered to be a serious sleep disorder, sleep apnea is affecting a great number of people. In a recent study conducted in the United States, it shows that almost 22 million Americans suffer from the sleep disorder.The expertise of dentists is not only limited to diagnosing, treating, and...
- Children Who Snore May Develop Behavioral Problems
A new study shows that snoring, breathing through one's mouth, and stopping breathing while asleep may lead to behavioral problems in children. Earlier studies have shown that these disorders in sleeping are known as hyperactivity.The study recruited pregnant women who were due to deliver between...
- Dr. Michael O Summers M.D.985300 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. John J Harrington MDEMILE 42ND ST OMAHA NE 68198
- Dr. Sevag Bananian M.D.985300 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Harvey A.j. Hopkins M.D.7710 Mercy Rd Omaha NE 68124
- Dr. Jonathan Lee Spencer M.D.7710 Mercy Rd Omaha NE 68124
- Dr. Chloe R. Steinshouer MD601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131