Dr. Marcia Leonard is a child neurologist practicing in West Hartford, CT. Dr. Leonard specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Leonard is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
- Understanding and modulating apoptosis in industrial cell culture.
- cis and trans regulation of tissue-specific transcription.
- Large twins; report of a case.
- Cesarean section; an eleven-year review.
- [Postmortem cesarean section].
- Transcription factor regulation of hematopoietic lineage cells.
- Evidence for torsional stress in transcriptionally activated chromatin.
- Murine and human T-lymphocyte GATA-3 factors mediate transcription through a cis-regulatory element within the human T-cell receptor delta gene enhancer.
- Primer extension analysis of mRNA isolated from transfected cell lines.
- Quantitation of RNA using the polymerase chain reaction.
- Targeted disruption of the GATA3 gene causes severe abnormalities in the nervous system and in fetal liver haematopoiesis.
- A GATA family transcription factor is expressed along the embryonic dorsoventral axis in Drosophila melanogaster.
- Embryonic expression and cloning of the murine GATA-3 gene.
- Trichloroethylene "burn".
- Primer extension analysis of mRNA.
Dr. Marcia White Leonard M.D.'s Practice location
West Hartford, CT 06107Get Direction
Dr. Marcia White Leonard M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Muscular Dystrophy in Children
Muscular dystrophy or MD is a genetic disorder that stops the body from producing enough proteins to develop the muscles and keep them healthy. This fault in the genetic structure slowly weakens the body as the person ages. It is really heartbreaking to hear a parent say, “My child has muscular...
- Living with Muscular Dystrophy and the Challenges of Daily Life
Muscular dystrophy is a genetic disorder characterized by gradually deteriorating muscular strength functions. It is primarily caused by mutations in the genes, specifically those that take care of proper muscular functioning and protein production. The disease affects people worldwide, according to...
- Miss Ireland and Her Family's Struggle with Muscular Dystrophy
They say that the loudest voice comes from action. Most youth are currently fighting for or against something. It is truly common for people at present to let themselves be heard and spread awareness of the advocacies they champion. One would notice via television newscasts, newspapers, and articles...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- 10 Year Old with Muscular Dystrophy Finishes the Columbus Marathon
No matter what is against them, throughout history humans have proved time and time again that they can push past beyond their limits. Society has continue to defied odds, against prior dispositions and against what was ever imaginable by all of humankind. The stories that make up this very...
- Jiffy Lube Steps Up to Join the 6th Muscle Up Muscular Dystrophy Fundraiser
Muscular dystrophy is a serious condition wherein one will lose a lot of muscle mass and have weaker muscles. The cause of muscular dystrophy is said to be the presence of mutations from a person’s genetics that would stop the production of a protein that forms the muscles. Symptoms can mostly be...