Dr. Maria A Pavez MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine771 Corporate Dr Lexington KY, 40503
Dr. Maria Pavez practices Sleep Medicine in Lexington, KY. Dr. Pavez studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Sleep Medicine
Dr. Maria A Pavez MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40503Get Direction
Lexington, KY 40509Get Direction
SOMERSET, KY 42503Get Direction
Dr. Maria A Pavez MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pavez
- Is Restless Legs Syndrome Chronic?
Restless legs syndrome is not chronic. RLS is a neurological movement disorder of the limbs. It is usually associated with sleep disruptions. Patients with RLS will usually report strange sensations, such as an urge to move their leg. This can become very bothersome, which can lead to physical as...
- The Negative Impact Sleep Apnea Can Have on a Child's Memory
Many already know that the pauses in breathing for a long period of time are what defines sleep apnea. However, what many may not know is that this disorder affects 1 out of 4 children and may occur between the ages of 2 and 8 years old. The American Sleep Apnea Association indicated that...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While a lot think that this isn’t really anything to worry about, there are some studies that may link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea happens to be a very common sleeping disorder...
- This Simple Fix May Help Reduce Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
As everyone with sleep apnea knows, it slowly sucks the life out of you from a persistent state of fatigue, the inability to enjoy a recuperative night of sleep, the inability to properly oxygenate the body, and the subsequent morning headaches after a night of snoring and struggling to breathe. The...
- How Is Restless Legs Syndrome Diagnosed?
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) will interfere with your sleep patterns. Therefore, it can be regarded as a sleep disorder. Restless legs syndrome usually affects the legs. However, it can affect your arms, head, and neck. If you have RLS, you might experience unusual leg sensations and involuntary...
- Sleep Apnea Can Directly Affect Metabolism
When To Talk With A Healthcare ProviderGetting enough sleep has been the crying motto of many healthcare providers. There are numerous reasons as to why, but some recent research regarding sleep apnea and the relation to metabolism might just encourage some to address sleeping issues that are...
- Dr. Gregory E. Cooper M.D.2101 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Jalil Shojaei-moghammad M.D.771 Corporate Dr Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Janet Hall Jones M.D.3121 Wall St Lexington KY 40513
- Dr. Robert P Granacher MD1401 Harrodsburg Rd Lexington KY 40504
- Dr. Barbara A Phillips MD740 S Limestone Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. James M. Thompson MD771 Corporate Dr Lexington KY 40503