Dr. Philomena Kong is a physiatrist practicing in Altamont, NY. Dr. Kong is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Kong focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Kong can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 1992
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Albany Medical Center Program
Dr. Philomena Wah Kong MD's Practice location
Altamont, NY 12009Get Direction
Dr. Philomena Wah Kong MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Complications of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition that results in bone loss. There are no visible signs or symptoms of this disorder; it only becomes noticeable when you suddenly suffer from bone breakage or fractures. Pain resulting from osteoporosis can affect the quality of your life or even trigger detrimental...
- Pain Between the Shoulder Blades
IntroductionPain between the shoulder blades is also known as interscapular pain. It is a symptom that is often caused by minor issues, such as a muscle strain. However, being aware of such symptom is also very important since it may also be a sign of more serious conditions, such as lung cancer...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Dr. Syed Hasan MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Farag W Aboelsaad M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Andrew Howard Dubin M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. James Jay Cole MD PHD1672 Western Avenue Albany NY 12203
- Dr. Shan Babeendran D.O.550 First Avenue New York NY 10016
- Dr. John Lewis Fedullo D. O.4988 State Highway 30 Amsterdam NY 12010