Dr. Philomena Kong is a physiatrist practicing in Altamont, NY. Dr. Kong is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Kong focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Kong can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 1992
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Albany Medical Center Program
Dr. Philomena Wah Kong MD's Practice location
Altamont, NY 12009Get Direction
Dr. Philomena Wah Kong MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- 5 Tips for Living with Osteoporosis
5 Tips for Living with OsteoporosisFor some people, an osteoporosis prognosis can appear like a fatal blow to their life. However, things aren’t hopeless as they might seem! Being in a position to adjust to the condition can really be helpful in getting you used to the condition. Osteoporosis...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Spinal Decompression?
The human back is a complex structure of muscles, ligaments, bones, joints, and nerves. It is common for people to experience back problems at some point in their life for a variety of reasons. Since the pain can radiate into the back and even from other parts of the body, it is very difficult to...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Dr. George Forrest M.D.326 S PEARL ST ALBANY NY 12202
- Dr. Syed Hasan MD63-Shaker Rd ALBANY NY 12204
- Dr. Farag W Aboelsaad M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Andrew Howard Dubin M.D.1367 Washington Avenue Albany NY 12206
- Dr. James Jay Cole MD PHD1672 Western Avenue Albany NY 12203
- Dr. Shan Babeendran D.O.550 First Avenue New York NY 10016