Dr. Michael Maslowski practices Orthodontics in Oshkosh, WI. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Maslowski may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Maslowski must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Education and Training
Marquette University DDS 2000
Marquette University MS 2002
American Board of Orthodontics
Dr. Michael John Maslowski DDS's Expert Contributions
My daughter is 4 years old and is used to sucking her thumb. Will it cause her teeth to grow outwards?
Thank you for the question. As long as the habit stops before the permanent teeth erupt, the permanent teeth should not come in flared. However, there are some skeletal (genetic) growth patterns that the front teeth erupt into the mouth more flared than ideal. My recommendation is to try to stop the habit before the adult teeth begin to erupt. Prior to that age, stopping a finger habit is very difficult based on patient maturity. Michael J. Maslowski, DDS, MS READ MORE
- 10 Best Orthodontists in WI based on Patient Satisfaction2017American Institute of Dental Prfessionals
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Society of Orthodontists
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Winnebago Country Dental Society
- Morristown Medical Center
- Indiana University Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Providing surgical care to indigent patients in central and south America. Co-founder of UHMLA (Unidad Hospitalaria Movil de Latino America)
Dr. Michael John Maslowski DDS's Practice location
Wautoma, WI 54982Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael John Maslowski DDS | Orthodontist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael John Maslowski DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maslowski
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Dr. David Leonard Olsen D.D.S., M.S.145 W. Calumet St. Appleton WI 54915
- Dr. Mark Allen Bruhn DDS200 S Marr St Fond Du Lac WI 54935
- Lawrence A Johnson D.D.S.1850 W Pointe Dr Oshkosh WI 54902
- Dr. Marissa C Keesler DDS, MS1524 S Commercial St Neenah WI 54956
- Dr. Dave John Litzow D.D.S.3143 State Rd La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Karen Wedde DDS1055 Witzel Ave Oshkosh WI 54902