Dr. Scott Beckstead is a family practitioner practicing in Bountiful, UT. Dr. Beckstead specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Beckstead possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2003
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Member American Academy of Family Physicians
- Utah Valley Family Medicine - Provo, UT in Family Practice 2003
Dr. Scott H Beckstead DO's Practice location
Bountiful, UT 84010Get Direction
Dr. Scott H Beckstead DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Beckstead
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- What Are Roundworms?
What are roundworms?Roundworms are a type of parasitic worms that infect the human intestine. Roundworms may vary and size and have a characteristic long, round body. These parasitic worms can cause a number of health problems in humans. They can enter the human body through the mouth and direct...
- What Does Triamcinolone Treat?
Triamcinolone topical is used for the treatment of various skin conditions and their symptoms, such as redness, inflammation, itching, and other discomforts. This topical medication is also a corticosteroid and only available through prescription. Other available forms of triamcinolone are:...
- How Can I Lower Cholesterol Levels?
How Can I Lower Cholesterol Levels?Lowering the levels of cholesterol goes a long way in reducing the risk of heart disease and aids in a longer, healthier life. But is it easy to lower the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) in blood? Before we begin, please remember that cholesterol...
- Are Vitamin D-Rich Foods Better than Vitamin D Supplements?
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is a unique fat-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in many aspects of health. Also referred to as the sunshine vitamin, it stands out from other types of vitamins since the body can produce vitamin D through sunlight exposure. With 20-25 minutes of daily sun...
- How Long Can Sperm Live?
Introduction An average man ejaculates 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of semen. This small amount of semen contains millions of sperm cells. It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, but each sperm has a limited life span, which begins once it leaves a man's body.For a couple trying to have a baby,...
- Dr. Max Gorishek Morgan MD2284 Claremont Dr Bountiful UT 84010
- Dr. Douglas Spence Kasteler MD390 N Main St Bountiful UT 84010
- Dr. Paula L Haberman MD5872 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 84121
- Dr. Todd Eberhard MD5770 S 250 E Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Dr. Marc L Johnson M.D.2075 N 1200 W Layton UT 84041
- Dr. Stephen M Foote DO2121 No 1700 W Layton UT 84041