Dr. John Carroll is a pediatrician practicing in Columbia, SC. Dr. Carroll is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Carroll diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Carroll can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Sc Sch of Med, Columbia Sc 1995
University of South Carolina At Columbia 1995
University of South Carolina School of Medicine 1995
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Fungal Infection
- Pityriasis Rosea
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- Palmetto Hlth Alliance, Pediatrics
- Cambridge Health Alliance Program
Dr. John Michael Carroll M.D.'s Practice location
Columbia, SC 29209Get Direction
Dr. John Michael Carroll M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carroll
- Causes and Treatments of Croup (Barking Cough)
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup. It is a medical condition that tends to irritate a child's upper airways. It can also be used to describe the inflammation of the larynx and trachea in children. There are a variety of reasons or inflammatory conditions, which...
- Is There a Relationship Between Autism and Vaccinations?
What the research showsSeveral studies have been carried out among children and adults to try and establish if there really is a link between the two, but the largest of them all was recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.The study was conducted to establish any link...
- Cold Sores in Babies
As we all know, newborn babies do not develop strong immune systems immediately. Their bodies are still in the midst of the human development process and are adapting to the changes they face in the outside world. Thus, cold sores in newborn babies with weak immune systems can be extremely...
- Nursemaid's Elbow Treatments
What is a nursemaid's elbow?A nursemaid's elbow is a common elbow injury among toddlers and preschoolers. This painful injury happens when a ligament slips out of its normal place in the joint. Sometimes, it resolves on its own. However, most of the time, healthcare providers help return the...
- Urinary Tract Infections in Children
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are often thought of in regard to adults, and cases of UTIs in children seem unusual. They are not. The mechanism by which UTIs develop does not discriminate by age, and the same E. Coli bacteria can affect a child just as easily as an adult. However, UTIs affect 2%...
- Dehydration in Infants: What are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Dehydration is a condition that occurs when the body has lost more water than the amount that it has taken in. A baby’s body is made up of 75 percent of water. Every day, your baby will lose some amount of water from the body due to crying, sweating, urination, bowel movements and even with...
- Dr. Jason Lee Hawn M.D.9 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Melissa L Mills MD74 Polo Rd Columbia SC 29223
- Dr. Scott D. Carney MD14 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Julia B Ballance M.D.14 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Paula L Belmar MD2689 Highway 1 S Elgin SC 29045
- Dr. Christopher Buckingham Ballou M.D.1801 Sunset Dr Columbia SC 29203