Dr. Michael Wayne O'dell MD
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation525 E 68th St # F-1817 New York NY, 10021
Dr. Michael W. O'Dell received his Medical Degree in 1985 from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Hospital of the University ...
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1985
New York University School of Medicine 1985
Indiana University School of Medicine 1985
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Resistance to activated protein C as an etiology for stroke in a young adult: a case report.
- Heparin-induced hyperkalemia confirmed by drug rechallenge.
- Continuous passive motion in the management of heterotopic ossification in a brain injured patient.
- Rehabilitation of persons with central nervous system tumors.
- Rehabilitation in adults with human immunodeficiency virus-related diseases.
- Hemiparesis in HIV infection. Rehabilitation approach.
- Stroke rehabilitation: strategies to enhance motor recovery.
- Inpatient rehabilitation in persons with multiple myeloma-associated fractures: an analysis of 8 consecutive inpatient admissions.
- Clinical implications of using the arm motor ability test in stroke rehabilitation.
- Functional electrical stimulation for the treatment of lower extremity dystonia.
- A comparison of two balance measures to predict discharge performance from inpatient stroke rehabilitation.
- A psychometric evaluation of the Arm Motor Ability Test.
- Foot drop stimulation versus ankle foot orthosis after stroke: 30-week outcomes.
- Response and prediction of improvement in gait speed from functional electrical stimulation in persons with poststroke drop foot.
- PM&R Faculty Teaching Award, 1992 University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- 1998 Attending of the Year, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilita
- Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Long Island Jewis 2000 Faculty Teaching Award
- Neurorehabilitation, Spasticity, Traumatic Brain Injury And More
- Cerebral Palsy
- Pinched Nerve
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Abnormal Gait
Dr. Michael Wayne O'dell MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10021Get Direction
Dr. Michael Wayne O'dell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. O'dell
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Dr. Dante Acebo Cubangbang M.D.5123 Queens Blvd Woodside New York 11377
- Mr. Gregory Marcolin P.T3319 Avenue N Brooklyn NY 11234
- Dr. Tsai C. Chao M.D.450 Clarkson Ave Brooklyn NY 11203
- Dr. Neil Chatterjee MD1320 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Alexandre Karatchounov2615 East 16th Street Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Kioomars Moosazadeh MD2318 31ST ST ASTORIA NY 11105