Dr. Robert A Kowatch M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry3333 Burnet Ave Ml 3014 Cincinnati OH, 45229
Dr. Robert Kowatch practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Kowatch evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Kowatch seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Ultradian rhythms and temporal coherence in sleep EEG in depressed children and adolescents.
- Lifetime and novel psychiatric disorders after pediatric traumatic brain injury.
- Operant conditional potentials centrally evoked at random intervals.
- Combination pharmacotherapy in children and adolescents with bipolar disorder.
- Electroencephalographic sleep and mood during cocaine withdrawal.
- Successful treatment of trichotillomania with olanzapine augmentation in an adolescent.
- Patients' acceptance of psychological and pharmacological therapies for insomnia.
- Prepubertal bipolar I disorder and bipolar disorder NOS are separable from ADHD.
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of mixed amphetamine salts for symptoms of comorbid ADHD in pediatric bipolar disorder after mood stabilization with divalproex sodium.
- Psychotropic utilization and psychiatric presentation of hospitalized very young children.
- Adjunctive quetiapine for treatment-resistant adolescent major depressive disorder: a case series.
- Management options for bipolar disorder in children and adolescents.
- The health care crisis of childhood-onset bipolar illness: some recommendations for its amelioration.
- Pharmacological interventions for bipolar youth: developmental considerations.
- Early-onset bipolar spectrum disorders: diagnostic issues.
- Mental health service use by children with serious emotional and behavioral disturbance: results from the LAMS study.
- Family functioning, social impairment, and symptoms among adolescents with bipolar disorder.
- Sleep restriction for the inpatient treatment of insomnia.
- Mental health follow-up among adolescents with suicidal behaviors after emergency department discharge.
- Parental expressed emotion and suicidal ideation in adolescents with bipolar disorder.
- Three-year latent class trajectories of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms in a clinical sample not selected for ADHD.
- Risk factors for sleep apnea in children with bipolar disorder.
- Behavioral management of sleep disturbances secondary to chronic pain.
- Pilot trial of light therapy for depression in hospitalized patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Lithium in the Acute Treatment of Bipolar I Disorder: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study.
- Sleep and head injury.
- Diagnosis, Phenomenology, Differential Diagnosis, and Comorbidity of Pediatric Bipolar Disorder.
- Ten cases of head-injured, suicide-surviving adolescents: challenges for rehabilitation.
- Enhancing quality of life among adolescents with bipolar disorder: A randomized
- Affective disorders in children: diagnosis and management.
- Cognitive-behavior therapy for late-life insomnia.
- The effects of extended evaluation on depressive symptoms in children and adolescents.
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of fluoxetine in children and adolescents with depression.
- Fluoxetine in child and adolescent depression: acute and maintenance treatment.
- Mania in young children.
Dr. Robert A Kowatch M.D.'s Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Robert A Kowatch M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kowatch
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Dr. William B Taft M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Michael T Sorter M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Janice Singerman M.D.3001 Highland Ave Cincinnati OH 45219
- Dr. Luis Rodrigo Patino duran M.D.260 Stetson St Cincinnati OH 45219
- Dr. Reyna Lashawn Gilmore M.D.720 Westview Dr SW Atlanta GA 30310
- Dr. Julie S Alonso-katzowitz M.D.3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229