Dr. Trevor Warren Lissoos M.D.
Doctor800 N Westmoreland Rd Suite 102 Lake Forest IL, 60045
Dr. Trevor Lissoos received his Medical Degree with honors from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa in 1983. He completed his Internship in Medicine and Surgery with the Un ...
Education and Training
University of The Witwatersrand, Faculty of Health Sciences,Parktown, South Africa MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Hepatic fibrogenesis and its modulation by growth factors.
- Pathogenesis of hepatic fibrosis and the role of cytokines.
- Vitamin A trafficking in Caco-2 cells stably transfected with cellular retinol binding proteins.
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 activates Raf kinase and Raf perinuclear translocation via a protein kinase C-dependent pathway.
- Posttranslational inhibition of Ito cell type I collagen production by triiodothyronine.
- 2012Chicago Super Doctors
- Hepatology, Colorectal Cancer Screening
- FellowAmerican College of Physicians
- The Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital
- Michael Reese Hospital
- Michael Reese Hospital 1990
- The Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital 1984
- University of Chicago Hospitals, Gastroenterology 1992
Dr. Trevor Warren Lissoos M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Forest, IL 60045Get Direction
GRAYSLAKE, IL 60030Get Direction
Dr. Trevor Warren Lissoos M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lissoos
- What Is Rubella?
Commonly known as German measles, Rubella is an infection caused by a virus and its symptoms include red rashes on the body along-with fever, headache, muscle pain, a runny nose. Sometimes, swollen nymph nodes can also be seen. It is a contagious infection and can spread from one person to...
- Chlamydia Doubled Ovarian Cancer Risk, Study Shows
Chlamydia trachomatis, commonly known as chlamydia, is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). In the United States, approximately 1.5 million cases of chlamydia are reported on an annual basis, making it the most commonly reported type of bacterial infection – according to the Centers for...
- 8 Helpful Tips to Protect Tooth Enamel
Enamel, the hard coating on the surface of the teeth, is designed to last long even though wear and tear occurs throughout one's lifetime. “This is the hardest substance in the body," says Leslie Seldin, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. There are a number of ways by which...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Gregory A Turowski M.D.9843 Gross Point Rd Skokie IL 60076
- Dr. Procopio Miguel Munoz MD1431 N Western Ave Chicago IL 60622
- Dr. Helen Plavnik M.D.9933 Lawler Ave Skokie IL 60077
- Dr. Darin O'connor Harnisch M.D.7900 N Milwaukee Ave Niles IL 60714
- Dr. Lia A Arber M.D.7447 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Una Shah M.D.420 W Northwest Hwy Barrington IL 60010