Dr. Thomas Pearson practices Pediatric Surgery in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Pearson treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Pearsondiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Emory Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Thomas C Pearson MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
Dr. Thomas C Pearson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Dr. Samir Pandya MD2015 Uppergate Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Miller Carlton Hamrick MDEmory University Hospital Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Sarah Joy Hill M.D.1364 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Paul M Kirshbom MD1405 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Allison Frances Linden MD, MPH1405 CLIFTON RD NE ATLANTA GA 30322
- Stuart M Henry CST/CSFA1405 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322