Dr. Girsh is an Internist, Immunologist, Biochemist, and Pediatric Immunologist and Allergist in Naples, FL. Dr. Girsh specializes in the medical treatment of adults, children, and the elderly. Dr. Girsh has managed both common and rare diseases with poor prognosis where he has brought recovery in as little as a few days, based on double blind studies, to a few weeks. Dr. Girsh developed a treatment that is able to provide pain free, scar free healing by Building Healthy Tissue (as stated by the FDA), who also stated it is both "exciting and innovative." Dr. Girshs FDA lawyer stated that he had never seen such a letter of distinction in his 45 years of practice. This treatment has been successfully used in 1100 patients with results that included the successful bypassing and averting the need for previously scheduled organ transplantation such as liver, skin grafts, and hip and knee implants. Dr. Girsh utilized this information to establish his biotechnology company, Immunopath Profile LLC (IPI), in 1982: Immunology outfacing pathologic basis of disease. This therapeutic also crosses species barriers and was confirmed when applied to 33 show horses with arthritic lameness that previously had been unresponsive to several anti-arthritic therapeutics. With the administration of IPIs transdermal therapeutics, all 33 of these very valuable show horses were saved from euthanasia and were returned to their owners. Similar results have been achieved in several hundred additional patients of poor prognosis including significant advances in dental care and TMJ. Patients with TMJ also had a two-day timeline of recovery (as observed by the double blind studies, similar to the weight bearing joints).
Education and Training
Penn State School of Chemistry and Physics- Pre-Med Undergraduate & Graduate Studies Biomolecular Medicine 1944
Thomas Jefferson University College of Medicine Medical Doctor 1952
Temple University School of Medicine Internal Medicine and Immunology 1957
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Calcium disodium versenate in the therapy of lead encephalopathy.
- Their familial occurrence, with special reference to double ureter, double pelvis and double kidney.
- Thyrotoxicosis associated with thrombocytopenia and hypersplenism; report of a case.
- Diffuse interstitial pulmonary fibrosis (Hamman-Rich syndrome) in an allergic patient: report of case.
- Buccal mucosal tests in patients with canker sores (aphthous stomatitis).
- Cardiac asthma--a misnomer.
- Urticaria of the gastric mucosa with massive hemorrhage following oral penicillin anaphylaxis.
- Allergic rhinitis, a common cause of recurrent epistaxis in children.
- Seasonal summer allergies.
- A SIMPLE OFFICE VENTILATORY TEST IN THE MANAGEMENT OF BRONCHIAL ASTHMA.
- The allergic irritability syndrome: four case reports and a position statement from the Neuroallergy Committee of the American College of Allergy.
- Avoidance of allergens.
- A study of the risk of mortality of varicella in patients with bronchial asthma or other allergic disease receiving corticosteroid therapy.
- Pharmacologic activity of histamine.
- Pharmacologic activity of histamine.
- A screening test for influenza immunity: preimmunization antibody titers to influenza virus antigens in atopic patients.
- The diagnosis of drug allergies. Utilizing in vitro mast cell test and IgE inhibition test.
- Ragweed pollen distribution in the U.S.A.: utilization of graphic maps.
- Arterial oxygen saturation by non-invasive oximetry technique: an office test for
- Allergy care of laryngeal papilloma.
- Surgical Gold Medal Recognition Award1951Chief of Surgery at Jefferson College of Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy and Immunology
- Fellow, American College of Allergists
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American Academy of Chest Physicians
- Chairman, Neuro-Allergy Committee, American College of Allergists
- Member, Board of Regents American College of Allergists Affiliate
- American Academy of Dermatology
- The Society of Sigma Xi
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania State Medical Association
- Philadelphia County Medical Society
- Philadelphia Allergy Society
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Thomas Jefferson University (Pediatrics)
- Temple University Hospital (Research Assistant)
Professional Society Memberships
- Sigma Xi, American Medical Association, Pennsylvania Medical Society, Philadelphia County Medical Society, Philadelphia Allergy Society
Articles and Publications
- Comparative Effects of Vagus Nerve Section and Vagus Nerve Crush, Journal of Physiology, Volume 167: 787, 1951
- Calcium Disodium Versenate in the Therapy of Lead Encephalopathy, Journal of Pediatrics, Volume 42: 42; 687-K699 June 1953
- Urinary Tract Malformations, Their Occurrence With Special Reference to Double Ureter, Double Pelvis and Double Kidney, New England Journal of Medicine Volume 254: 854-855, 1956
- Breath Sound Prints Asthmatic Breath Sounds and Wheezing in Differential Diagnosis, Bell Telephone Voice Print Lab. Bell Laboratories Somerville, New Jersey, Spring 1965
What do you attribute your success to?
- Following the ideal of "what did I ask today." The continuing pursuit of knowledge in how we can do better today.
Dr. Leonard S. Girsh M.D.'s Practice location
NAPLES, FL 34110Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Leonard S. Girsh M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Leonard S. Girsh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 319 Pill
319 PillThis pill is round in shape and white in color, and has an imprint of number “319”. It has been identified as tramadol hydrochloride 50 mg. It is used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS), back pain, chronic pain, and fibromyalgia. It is supplied by Zydus Pharmaceuticals and belongs to...
- Health Benefits of Yoga, Tai Chi & Pilates
Many consider yoga as a method to stretch and tone the muscles and improve and expand the mind. “The physical benefits of yoga are very often underestimated," says Julie Rudiger, a therapist in Denver. According to her, practicing this activity has helped her to be stronger, more flexible, both...
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Car Seats Should Not Leave the Car
According to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics, car seats, which are supposed to protect babies from injuries in a car, have increased risk of injuries when they are used outside of the car. In this study, led by Shital N. Parikh, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon at Cincinnati Children’s...
- Is Walking an Effective Workout?
Walking has many conveniences. As a simple form of exercise, walking doesn't require any expensive equipment or special routine. It offers a number of health benefits, including weight loss, lowering of cholesterol, reducing the risk of diseases, and it improves circulation in the body.Many experts...
- Dr. Karen Marie Henrichsen D.O.4685 Tamiami Trail North Naples Florida 34103
- Dr. Nachelle R. Aurelien MD311 9th St N Naples Florida 34102
- Dr. Gary Price M.D., F.A.C.P.9722 Commerce Center Court Fort Myers Florida 33908
- Dr. Justin J Polga MD240 Crandon Boulevard Key Biscayne FL 33149
- Dr. Nallu S Reddy M.D.708 Del Prado Blvd Cape Coral FL 33990
- Dr. Adil Mohamed Sanaulla MD350 7th St N Naples FL 34102