Dr. Alan Alvarado is an adolescent specialist practicing in Valdosta, GA. Dr. Alvarado works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Alvarado treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Mercer Univ Sch of Med, Macon Ga 1991
Mercer University / School of Medicine 1991
Mercer University School of Medicine 1991
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Contact Dermatitis
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Allergy And Immunology; Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- EMORY HEALTHCARE
Dr. Alan J Alvarado MD's Practice location
Dr. Alan J Alvarado MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Stomach Ulcers: What are the Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment?
Stomach ulcers are painful lesions that are found in the lining of your stomach or small intestine. They are the most visible sign of peptic ulcer disease. Your stomach and small intestine are lined by a layer of mucus-producing cells. The mucus produced by these cells protect the lining of your...
- Improving the Mental Health in Nurses: What Should Hospitals Do?
Despite how rewarding the nursing profession is, nursing also has a significantly higher rate of physical and mental health issues. In fact, some studies have shown that almost half of all nurses suffer from depression, anxiety and other physical ailments such as back strain and the more obvious...
- Dietary Needs for Lupus Patients
Commonly Shared Health Needs for Lupus PatientsThe commonly cited trinity of health advice for the general population (1) eat balanced foods, (2) sleep eight hours every night, and (3) exercise regularly, pertains not only to the average individual but also to patients with Lupus. Dietary...
- What Is the Trazodone Drug Prescribed For?
Depression is a medical condition affecting the mental health of an individual. Depression can cause various other secondary illnesses along with it. To treat depression, it is extremely important to timely diagnose the condition and treat it with the help of a medical expert who can guide you with...
- Airway Dehydration May Lead to Cystic Fibrosis Symptoms
The mucous membranes in the airways of people with cystic fibrosis produce mucus that is thick and viscous, more solid than is produced by healthy people, which leads to all sorts of problems in the patient.As anyone with CF knows, the reason the mucus thickens is because the proteins that form the...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Thomas L Anderson M.D.105 W Cranford Ave Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. Robert J Criscuola MD3331 N Valdosta Rd Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. Marian Antoinette Patterson MD3790 OLD US HIGHWAY 41 N STE A VALDOSTA GA 31602
- Dr. Kimberly W Megow M.D.3526 Northcrossing Cir Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. Jasbir S Gill M.D105 W Cranford Ave Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. Romulo Alvarado MD3440 N Valdosta Rd Valdosta GA 31602