Dr. Mary Deffner Patterson M.D.
Emergency Physician (Pediatric) | Pediatric Emergency Medicine3333 Burnet Ave Ml 2008 Cincinnati OH, 45229
Dr. Mary Patterson is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Patterson specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
Pa State Univ Coll Of Med- Hershey Pa 1984
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Educational and research implications of portable human patient simulation in acute care medicine.
- Medical simulation: a tool for recognition of and response to risk.
- Simulation to assess the safety of new healthcare teams and new facilities.
- High-reliability emergency response teams in the hospital: improving quality and safety using in situ simulation training.
- The impact of a daily pre-operative surgical huddle on interruptions, delays, and surgeon satisfaction in an orthopedic operating room: a prospective study.
- Use of Simulation to Gauge Preparedness for Ebola at a Free-Standing Children's Hospital.
- Member Society for Simulation in Health Care
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Emergency Medicine
- Member Ambulatory Pediatric Association
- Member Society of Academic Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
Dr. Mary Deffner Patterson M.D.'s Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
GAINESVILLE, FL 32610Get Direction
- Century-Old Drug Could Be a New Approach to Autism Treatment
What is suramin?Suramin is a drug that was developed about 100 years ago to treat parasite-borne illnesses such as African sleeping sickness and river blindness. The drug has been around since then, and is actually relatively cheap to manufacture and distribute. A single one-month dose to treat one...
- Treatment of Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a lung infection that may cause cough, fever, and problems in breathing. Pneumonia is the infection of your lung tissue. It is usually not a serious infection, but in some patients, such as those with a weakened immune system, it could be a fatal infection. For most people, pneumonia...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Dr. Andrew Pitts DO3333 BURNET AVE ML 2008 CINCINNATI OH 45229
- Dr. Nathan L Timm M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Timothy Erick Dribin M.D.3333 BURNET AVENUE CINCINNATI OH 45229
- Dr. Joseph W Luria M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Mia L Mallory M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Brian T. Hang M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229