Dr. Michael Robert Cummings MD
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry2128 Elmwood Ave Buffalo NY, 14207
Dr. Michael Cummings practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Buffalo, NY. Dr. Cummings evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Cummings seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1998
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- 2011 Award for Outstanding Contributions
- 2010 Josie Olympia Award for Overall Contribution
- 2009 Family Voices Network Most Valuable Voice: Community Engagment
- Erie County Medical Center 2007 Physician Excellence Award
- 2006 Outstanding Contributions to Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Educati
- 2003 Child and Adolescent PRITE Award
- 2000-2001 General Psychiatry PRITE Award
- 2001 Outstanding Service to General Psychiatry Residency Program
- 1998 Farney R. Wurlitzer Award for Academic Excellence in Psychiatry
- 1997 James A. Gibson Anatomical Society
- 1995-1996 Commedation from the Dean for Scholastic Achievement
- 1994 Merrill Presidential Scholar
- 1993 Beinecke Memorial Scholarship
Experience & Accolades
- Member2011 - 2014Psychiatric Consultant, Gateway-Longview Children's Services
- Member2010 - 2014 Psychiatric Consultant, Crisis Services
- Member2010 - 2014 Psychiatric Consultant, Erie County Secure Detention for Youth
- Member2009 - 2014 Psychiatric Consultant, Erie County Holding Center
- Member2009 - 2014 Psychiatric Consultant, Family Voices Network of Erie County
- Director 2009 - 2014 the Division of Community Psychiatry, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Member2009 - 2014 Staff Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, University Psychiatric Practice, Inc.
- Medical Director 2006 - 2014 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Mid-Erie Counseling and Treatment Services
- Director 2002 - 2009 Adolescent Psychiatry, Erie County Medical Center
- Director2006 - 2008 Inpatient Psychiatry, Erie County Medical Center
Dr. Michael Robert Cummings MD's Practice location
Buffalo, NY 14207Get Direction
Dr. Michael Robert Cummings MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cummings
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Dr. Balwant Nagra M.D.462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215
- Dr. Pamela Khurana MD531 Farber Lakes Dr Williamsville NY 14221
- Dr. Shabrin Haque MDPayne Ave North Tonawanda NY 14210
- Peggy A Bohnert Other1010 E And West Rd Buffalo NY 14224
- Dr. Michael Thomas Guppenberger M.D.5360 Genesee St Bowmansville NY 14026
- Allen Morganstein Other1010 E And West Rd Buffalo NY 14224