Dr. Elin Ruth Sigurdson M.D.
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology333 Cottman Ave Fox Chase Cancer Cen Philadelphia PA, 19111
I joined the surgical oncology department at Fox Chase Cancer Center in 1992 as director of surgical research. One of my proudest accomplishments is pioneering the use of sentinel lymph-node biopsy fo ...
Education and Training
Univ of Toronto, Fac of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada 1980
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine 1980
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Importance of timing and length of administration of angiogenesis inhibitor TNP-470 in the treatment of K12/TRb colorectal hepatic metastases in BD-IX rats.
- Local recurrence of breast cancer in the stereotactic core needle biopsy site:
- Lobular carcinoma in situ increases the risk of local recurrence in selected patients with stages I and II breast carcinoma treated with conservative surgery and radiation.
- Management of locally advanced rectal cancer.
- Hepatic artery infusional chemotherapy for colorectal liver metastases.
- Surgical treatment of liver metastases.
- Lymph node dissection: is it diagnostic or therapeutic?
- Locoregional strategies for colorectal hepatic metastases.
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for colorectal hepatic metastases: role of route of administration and timing.
- Effect of tumor size on monoclonal antibody uptake in a metastatic model.
- Serosal cytologic study to determine free mesothelial penetration of intraperitoneal colon cancer.
- Hepatic arterial infusion versus systemic therapy for hepatic metastases from colorectal cancer: a randomized trial of efficacy, quality of life, and molecular markers (CALGB 9481).
- Liver-directed therapies for patients with primary liver cancer and hepatic metastases.
- Liver-directed therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- PET CT imaging in patients undergoing sentinel node biopsy for melanoma.
- Philadelphia Magazine, Top Doctors 2014, Surgery 2014
- Philadelphia Super Doctors 2012
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors 2009-2014
- Best Doctors in America 2013, 2014 2013
- Colorectal Cancer (colon Cancer)
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Member American College of Surgeons
- Member The Society of Surgical Oncology , Executive Council
- Member Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group , Surgical Co-Chair
- Member Radiation Therapy Oncology Group , Co-Chair, Gastrointestinal Committee
- Member American Association for Cancer Research
- Member Association for Academic Surgery
- University of Toronto Affiliated Hospitals
- Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N.Y.
Dr. Elin Ruth Sigurdson M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Elin Ruth Sigurdson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sigurdson
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Alternative Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Alternative Treatments for Bladder CancerCancer occurs in various stages, and as it moves from one stage to another, it gets worse. Therefore, as the condition progresses, more effective methods of treatment have to be applied. At times, even two treatment methods can be applied together.In...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- What is Testicular Cancer: Get the Facts
Testicular cancer is a malignancy that affects the testes, which are the sex glands in men that are responsible for secreting the male sex hormone testosterone and for producing sperm cells that fertilize female eggs to kick start a pregnancy.Prevalence of testicular cancerIn the United States,...
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Dr. Andrea Wolf MD1015 Walnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Ronald Matteotti MD333 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA 19111
- Dr. Miriam Natasa Lango M.D.333 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA 19111
- Donald Patrick Lesslie Other333 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA 19111
- Dr. Ned Z Carp M.D.100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Dr. Christina J. Wai MD333 Cottman Avenue Philadelphia PA 19111