Dr. Leonard Stein MD
Infectious Disease Specialist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Infectious Diseases101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC, 27599
Dr. Leonard Stein is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Stein specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Rheumatology
Dr. Leonard Stein MD's Practice location
Dr. Leonard Stein MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stein
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- What Is Rubella?
Commonly known as German measles, Rubella is an infection caused by a virus and its symptoms include red rashes on the body along-with fever, headache, muscle pain, a runny nose. Sometimes, swollen nymph nodes can also be seen. It is a contagious infection and can spread from one person to...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Paul Michael Lantos MD2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. William Steinbach M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Robert Drucker M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Michael Anthony Moody MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Albert Collier MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Thomas H Belhorn MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599