Dr. Leonard Stein MD
Infectious Disease Specialist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Infectious Diseases101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC, 27599
Dr. Leonard Stein is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Stein specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Rheumatology
Dr. Leonard Stein MD's Practice location
Dr. Leonard Stein MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stein
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- Is the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
What are some considerations with regard to vaccination?Never hide anything from your GP while he is deciding about the shots for your baby as your carelessness might have grave after-effects (side effects) for your baby. If your baby has diarrhea or is recovering from the flu, it would not be the...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- Dr. Paul Michael Lantos MD2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. William Steinbach M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Robert Drucker M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Michael Anthony Moody MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Albert Collier MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Thomas H Belhorn MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599