Dr. Julie Estis is a speech language pathologist practicing in MOBILE, AL. Dr. Estis specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Estis evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Estis helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
- Relations of pitch matching, pitch discrimination, and otoacoustic emission suppression in individuals not formally trained as musicians.
- Pitch-matching accuracy in trained singers and untrained individuals: the impact of musical interference and noise.
- Speech intelligibility differences across sound classes with in-the-ear and free-field microphones in quiet.
- The impact of listening condition on background noise acceptance for young adults with normal hearing.
- Digit speech recognition threshold (SRT) in children with normal hearing ages 5-8 years.
- Short-Term Memory Performance in 7- and 8-Year-Old Children: The Relationship Between Phonological and Pitch Processing.
Mrs. Julie M Estis PH.D., CCC-SLP's Practice location
MOBILE, AL 36688Get Direction
Mrs. Julie M Estis PH.D., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- Mrs. Janet Elanor Swan MS-CCC, SLP954 NAVCO RD MOBILE AL 36605
- Mrs. Brenda Lee Beverly PH.D.5721 USA NORTH DR MOBILE AL 36688
- Mrs. Vernell S Forman MA./CCC/SLP3294A DOG RIVER RD THEODORE AL 36582
- Mrs. E. Diane Sisk M.S., CCC-SLP7423 MALLARD DR MOBILE AL 36695
- Amanda Meng Savage MS-CCC/SLP1610 CENTER ST MOBILE AL 36604
- Anna Gafford101 VILLA DR DAPHNE AL 36526