Dr. Thomas Stringer is a urologist practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Stringer specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1975
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1975
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- American Urological Association (AUA) Presidential Citation Award, 201 2010
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Enlarged Prostate
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Urology; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, General Surgery
- Shands HealthCare 1975
- University of Florida Program
- Uro-oncology Wayne State University 1980
Dr. Thomas Frederick Stringer MD's Practice location
Gainesville, FL 32610Get Direction
Inverness, FL 34452Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Frederick Stringer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stringer
- What Is Uribel Used For?
What is Uribel?Uribel is a prescription drug used for pain relief, discomfort, frequent or urgent urination, and urinary cramps or spasms due to certain diagnostic procedures or urinary tract infection. This medication belongs to the class of urinary antiseptics, urinary analgesics, or...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Treatments For Prostate Cancer
Treatment for Prostate CancerSince prostate cancer is a very dangerous infection, there is need to consider a number of factors before treating the condition. Prostate cancer is an infection that does not cause any immediate effects to the patient. However, when the infection develops, it may spread...
- What Is Blue Balls and How to Get Rid of It
"Blue balls" is one of the most common health issues seen among young men who indulge in heavy sexual activities. It is the most uncomfortable situation for a man who tries to find immediate relief."Blue balls" as it is called is one of the slang terms used for vasocongestion in the testicles. It is...
- When Should You See a Urologist?
What is a urologist?A urologist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract diseases in both men and women. Urologists also deal with any problems involving the male reproductive system. They also perform surgery in some cases, such as opening up a urinary tract...
- Prostate Drugs May Not Increase the Risk of Fractures
About 8 million men in the U.S. between the ages of 50-years-old and 79-years-old suffer from enlarged prostate glands. Drugs used to treat an enlarged prostate gland, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), are of two types: 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and alpha-blockers. In a study,...
- Dr. Vincent G. Bird MD1600 Southwest Archer Road Gainesville Florida 32610
- Dr. Sijo Joseph Parekattil MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Bryant Mark Whiting M.D.1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Michael Alan Binder MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Michael A Dennis MD1700 Se Hillmoor Dr Port Saint Lucie FL 34952
- Dr. M. Louis Moy MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610