Dr. Edward L. Socolow M.D.
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism60 Goldens Bridge Rd Katonah NY, 10536
Dr. Edward Socolow practices Endocrinology in Katonah, NY. Dr. Socolow specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Socolow examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Yale Univ Sch of Med, New Haven Ct 1958
Yale School of Medicine 1958
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Thyroid carcinoma in man after exposure to ionizing radiation. A summary of the findings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- POSSIBLE GOITROGENIC EFFECTS OF SELECTED JAPANESE FOODS.
- CHROMOSOMES OF HUMAN THYROID TUMORS.
- THE SOURCE OF LIPID ACCUMULATION IN L CELLS.
- A correlative study of the effect of iodide administration in the rat on thyroidal iodide transport and organic iodine content.
- Synergistic interaction of phenazone and iodide on thyroid hormone biosynthesis in the rat.
- Metabolism of 99mpertechnetate by the thyroid gland of the rat.
- Triamterene-induced nephrolithiasis.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Thyroid Cancer
- Boston City Hosp, Internal Medicine; New England Med Ctr Hosps, Internal Medicine; Mass Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine; Ucla Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Yale New Haven Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Boston City Hospital
- Bridgeport Hospital/Yale University Program
Dr. Edward L. Socolow M.D.'s Practice location
Katonah, NY 10536Get Direction
Dr. Edward L. Socolow M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Socolow
- Fasting May Be Good for Diabetes, Research Shows
Intermittent fasting is common nowadays, and recent studies have shown that there are successes involved with this type of fasting. The most success about the fasting involves diabetes, and perhaps, it is the most impressive. Intermittent fasting involves restricting eating to certain times and not...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- "Dining With Diabetes" Reaches Penn State With its Online Course
Patients newly-diagnosed with diabetes may have a difficult time adjusting to a new lifestyle of constantly managing the disease and eliminating certain foods from their diet. Especially when they knew nothing about the disease before.The ‘Dining With Diabetes’ program was created for newly...
- Diabetes: The Alarming Increase of Diabetic Americans
Our world has truly modernized as compared to what our ancestors have had before. Life has been easier with better commodities and technology provided by our improving modern world. However, every risk as we gamble our chances to modernization comes with a price. Sadly, as life has undeniably gotten...
- Important Points to Remember while being Diabetic and Pregnant
Pregnancy and Diabetes (Type I & II)Getting pregnant and giving birth is generally a straightforward process for most women. High risk pregnancies are not as common as television shows like Grey's Anatomy and House would lead people to believe. That being said, there are still some risk factors...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Dr. Yi-Hao Yu M.D., PH.D.2015 W Main St Stamford Connecticut 06902
- C.Ranjan Nath777 North Broadway Sleepy Hollow New York 10591
- Zora L. Varsano-Aharon222 Westchester Avenue White Plains New York 10604
- Dr. Anna Carol Freitag M.D.1351 Washington Blvd. Stamford Connecticut 06902
- Dr. Chithranjan Nath MD200 Veterans Road Yorktown Heights NY 10598
- Dr. Leonard Vinnick MD1100 Bedford St Stamford CT 06905