Dr. James Pfister is a family practitioner practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Pfister specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Pfister possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
U of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 1997
University Of Texas Medical School at Houston 1997
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Stomach Flu
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vascular Disease
- Methodist Hosps Of Dallas, Family Medicine
- Charlton Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital (Houston) Program
Dr. James Gilbert Pfister M.D.'s Practice location
Dallas, TX 75229Get Direction
Dr. James Gilbert Pfister M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pfister
- The Causes, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Oesophageal Thrush
Oesophageal thrush is a yeast infection of the throat. It is also known as oral candidiasis or oropharyngeal candidiasis. A healthy person is unlikely to develop this condition. It affects only those with a weakened immune system such as patients with HIV, cancer, and those on immunosuppressive...
- What Is Tramadol Used For?
Tramadol, sold under the brand name "Ultram" in the United States, is a synthetic opioid analgesic used to manage moderate to moderately-severe pain. It is generally used to relieve pain as that experienced during chronic conditions like arthritis or after surgery. Tramadol Hcl 50 mg also arrives in...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- What Is Hormone Therapy?
Hormone therapy is often used to relieve menopausal symptoms. However, since estrogen plays a crucial role in maintaining bone health, hormone therapy is another treatment option for osteoporosis.How does hormone therapy work?Following menopause, your body produces less estrogen and progesterone...
- Dr. Jane S Sadler M.D.5345 N George Frwy Garland TX 75040
- Dr. David R. Parker MD4323 N Josey Ln Carrollton Texas 75010
- Dr. Andrew Barrand Burke D.O.1717 N Garrett Ave Dallas TX 75206
- Dr. Ingrid Arnold D.O.2375 Gus Thomasson Rd Mesquite TX 75150
- Dr. Jennifer M. Zomnir M.D.2840 Legacy Dr Frisco TX 75034
- Dr. Tim Shepherd M.D.500 N Valley Pkwy Lewisville TX 75067