Dr. Michael Francis Sweeney MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)1450 Matthews Township Pkwy Suite 200 Matthews NC, 28105
Dr. Michael Sweeney is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Matthews, NC. Dr. Sweeney specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Sweeney can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Sweeney can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1993
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1993
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Gestational Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- MemberMecklenburg County Medical Society
- Member North Carolina Medical Society
- Member American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Summa Health System, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Summa Akron City Hospital 1997
- City Hospital
- Summa Health System/NEOMED Program
Dr. Michael Francis Sweeney MD's Practice location
Matthews, NC 28105Get Direction
Dr. Michael Francis Sweeney MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sweeney
- Treatments for Bronchitis During Pregnancy
Although bronchitis can be a harmful illness to those who suffer from it, pregnant women may be more severely affected by the symptoms of bronchitis. Bronchitis can cause fetal complications for pregnant women who require constant oxygen levels to stay healthy. Since pregnancy weakens women's...
- Ovarian Cancer: Is it Asymptomatic in the Early Stages?
Only three percent of women in the world who are diagnosed with some form of cancer have ovarian cancer. This type of cancer has the highest percentage of deaths in the female population. Every cancer starts when the growth of cells becomes abnormal and out of control. Ovarian cancer begins in the...
- What Are the Treatments for Fibroids?
In most cases, fibroids will not show clear symptoms. However, if you suspect that you have fibroids, go and see your doctor immediately. He/she will recommend the best treatment option to counter your fibroids. Before administering any treatment, your doctor will consider the following things:...
- What Causes Back Pain in Pregnancy?
Back pain is a very common complaint among pregnant women and many often neglect it. About 80% of women experience lower back pain. During pregnancy, the mother's body weight increases, the baby grows, and the baby's body becomes softer and flexible to prepare for labor. A number of changes happen...
- Why We Can’t Treat All Ovarian Cancer the Same Way
Over the last three decades, ovarian cancer survival rates have seen very little improvement. The current five-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is 43%, a low percentage that is a result of the fact that this type of cancer is difficult to detect and often goes undiagnosed until it has reached...
- How Is Fibroids Diagnosed?
Fibroids are commonly found during a routine pelvic exam. Your doctor may feel an irregular pelvic mass in your abdomen, suggesting the presence of uterine fibroids. If you’re a woman experiencing fibroid-related symptoms, you can readily access numerous treatment options, and it’s your best...
- Dr. Heather Leslie-Brown M.D.1423 East Franklin Street Monroe North Carolina 28112
- Dr. Scott Matthew Schneider MD150 Providence Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Eleanor Mark Mccurdy MD1025 Morehead Medical Dr Charlotte NC 28204
- Mrs. Sharrol Elizabeth Barnes M.D.5933 Blakeney Park Dr Charlotte NC 28277
- Dr. Tina Petok M.D.8220 University Exec Park Dr Charlotte NC 28262
- Dr. William E Porter MD6324 Fairview Rd Charlotte NC 28210