Dr. Dean S Edell MD,MPH
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology200 Henry Clay Ave Suite 2023 Childrens New Orleans LA, 70118
Dr. Dean Edell practices Pediatric Pulmonology in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Edell treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
American Univ Of The Caribbean- Sch Of Med- Plymouth- Montserrat 1987
American University of The Caribbean / School of Medicine 1987
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine 1987
University College Dublin School of Medicine and Medical Science
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Unusual manifestation of Stevens-Johnson syndrome involving the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract.
- The financial impact of the high technology newborn.
- Cocaine poisoning: an easily missed diagnosis in an infant.
- A common presentation of an uncommon cause of neonatal respiratory distress: pneumonia alba.
- Acting for patients.
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Ny Medical College, Pediatrics
- New York Medical College (Metropolitan) Program
Dr. Dean S Edell MD,MPH's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70118Get Direction
Marrero, LA 70072Get Direction
Dr. Dean S Edell MD,MPH's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Edell
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- Can My Child Develop COPD?
Can COPD Develop in Children?By definition, COPD is a serious lung condition that has developed over a long period of time. Numerous studies explained that children cannot have COPD; however, the disease process can begin at a young age.One can observe the symptoms associated with COPD in a child,...
- Bronchitis in Children
Children when they get a cold also tend to get a cough. In most of the cases, it occurs due to bronchitis which is an inflammation of the lining of the trachea and bronchi. It is usually a mild illness that affects children.Having a child who is constantly getting a cold or having breathing problems...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- Cough Medicine for Cystic Fibrosis
Medications for cystic fibrosis can help control the mucus in the lungs and keep the lungs’ normal functioning as much as possible. What is cystic fibrosis?Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease known to affect the cells that make mucus, digestive fluids, and sweat. Usually, these fluids are thin...
- Dr. Scott H Davis MD1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Fernando A Urrego MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Michael Kiernan MD4720 S. I-10 Service Rd. West Metairie LA 70001
- Dr. Kristin N. Van hook MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Derek L. Pepiak M.D.200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans LA 70118
- Dr. William W Waring M.D123 Walnut St New Orleans LA 70118