Dr. Michael Brook M.D.
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric CardiologyClinical Pharmacy 405 Irving Street San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Michael Brook is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Brook specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Dr. Michael Brook M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Dr. Michael Brook M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brook
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Dr. Norman Silverman M.D.806 East Greenwich Place Palo Alto California 94303
- Dr. Howard M Rosenfeld M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Matthew Alan Hazle M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Michael Lee Griffin MD2051 Pioneer Ct San Mateo CA 94403
- Dr. Michele L. Mietus-snyder M.D.2 Koret Way San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Kishor Avasarala M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609