Dr. Rua and his wife Mary celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary in 2011 and have two grown children. His hobbies include collecting baseball cards, reading science fiction, and gardening.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1977
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1977
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Stomach Flu
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Infectious Diseases; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- University of California At San Diego 1981
- UCSD-Kaiser San Diego
- University of California At San Diego 1983
Dr. Jose A Rua MD's Practice location
Escondido, CA 92025Get Direction
Dr. Jose A Rua MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rua
- Children Who Snore May Develop Behavioral Problems
A new study shows that snoring, breathing through one's mouth, and stopping breathing while asleep may lead to behavioral problems in children. Earlier studies have shown that these disorders in sleeping are known as hyperactivity.The study recruited pregnant women who were due to deliver between...
- What Are Roundworms?
What are roundworms?Roundworms are a type of parasitic worms that infect the human intestine. Roundworms may vary and size and have a characteristic long, round body. These parasitic worms can cause a number of health problems in humans. They can enter the human body through the mouth and direct...
- Is Mumps Preventable?
Mumps is a highly contagious infection caused by a certain virus. It can easily be spread from one person to another; therefore, prevention is very important. The MMR vaccine is the surest way to prevent mumps. Common symptoms associated with mumps include painful inflammation on the cheeks or...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Dr. Chrystal de Freitas MD12395 El Camino Road San Diego California 92130
- Dr. Ursula G. Pertl M.D.3220 Mission Avenue Oceanside California 92058
- Dr. Hamid Movahhedian MD4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056
- Dr. Uma Narayan M.D.8933 Activity Rd San Diego CA 92126
- Dr. Cheryl Lynn Jennett M.D501 Washington St San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Thomas G Neglia MD285 N El Camino Real Encinitas CA 92024