Dr. Katherine Ratterman is a speech language pathologist practicing in LOUISVILLE, KY. Dr. Ratterman specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Ratterman evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Ratterman helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Katherine Julia Ratterman M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
LOUISVILLE, KY 40205Get Direction
Katherine Julia Ratterman M.S. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Norah Garrity M.S. CCC-SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Sarah Spencer SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Ms. Shanann M Hays CCC-SLP3407 TOOTEN HILL RD JEFFERSONVILLE IN 47130
- Caralin Ford1220 WOLFE AVE LOUISVILLE KY 40213
- Mrs. Sondi Laine Barnett M.S.,SLP8014 VINECREST SQUARE LOUISVILLE KY 40222
- Mrs. Judith Clare Askins CCC-SLP1722 BRIDGEVIEW LN LOUISVILLE KY 40242