Dr. Tina Smith is a speech language pathologist practicing in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK. Dr. Smith specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Smith evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Smith helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Tina Lynne Smith M. ED. CCC-SLP's Practice location
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73170Get Direction
Tina Lynne Smith M. ED. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Ms. Kathleen Burns CCC-SLP8524 S WESTERN AVE OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73139
- Maria Cristina Bratton M.A. CCC-SLP2002 E ROBINSON ST NORMAN OK 73071
- Ms. Jill Dimond Moore MS, C.C.C.4401 S WESTERN AVE OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73109
- Mrs. Vicki Hunt M. ED., CCC-SLP4029 N SHANNON AVE BETHANY OK 73008
- Amy Woodruff5350 S WESTERN AVE OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73109
- Julie Rahn836 NW 37TH ST OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73118