Dr. Chelsea Clapp is a pediatrician practicing in Carlsbad, CA. Dr. Clapp is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Clapp diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Clapp can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Chelsea Renee Clapp M.D.'s Practice location
Carlsbad, CA 92011Get Direction
Dr. Chelsea Renee Clapp M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Clapp
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- Does My Baby Have Acid Reflux?
Spit out what they have just been fed; this is known as reflux or posseting. This is not vomiting. It is important to learn the difference between vomiting and reflux. In vomiting, the muscles contract to forcefully expel the contents of the stomach, whereas in reflux, it is a spontaneous expulsion...
- How to Protect Your Child from Getting Head Lice in School
Head lice are grayish insects that feed on human blood extracted from the scalp. Female lice release sticky substances that attach all eggs to specific hair shafts. Eggs are laid a few millimeters from the shaft - an environment that offers the idyllic temperature for incubation.Everyone who comes...
- Head Motions Offer Insight into Autism for Girls
Autism was always considered to be a boy’s disorder. Girls are diagnosed with autism, too, but at a much lower rate; five times as many boys are diagnosed with autism as are girls.That may not necessarily be because boys have autism more frequently than girls, though. It is possible that girls...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Why Children Should Avoid Energy Drinks
The American Academy of Pediatrics clearly mentions that children should not drink high-octane energy drinks and should avoid having sports drinks. Energy drinks are unhealthy because of the high content of caffeine and other stimulants present in the drink, according to a report published in,...
- Dr. Chrystal de Freitas MD12395 El Camino Road San Diego California 92130
- Dr. Ursula G. Pertl M.D.3220 Mission Avenue Oceanside California 92058
- Dr. Hamid Movahhedian MD4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056
- Dr. Uma Narayan M.D.8933 Activity Rd San Diego CA 92126
- Dr. Cheryl Lynn Jennett M.D501 Washington St San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Thomas G Neglia MD285 N El Camino Real Encinitas CA 92024