Mr. Pothen Jacob MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology3901 66th St N Suite 201 Saint Petersburg FL, 33709
Dr. Pothen Jacob is a gastroenterologist practicing in Saint Petersburg, FL. Dr. Jacob specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Jacob performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Christian Med Coll- Dr M G R Med Univ- Vellore- Tn- India 1978
Christian Medical College 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Cancer
- Birth Defects
- Colon Polyps
- Mc Gaw Mc/Northwestern Univ, Gastroenterology; Northwestern Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine; Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Internal Medicine
- MC GAW MEDICAL CENTER NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Mr. Pothen Jacob MD's Practice location
Mr. Pothen Jacob MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jacob
- Individual Screening Effectiveness for Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition which mainly affects the person’s digestive tract. Specifically, the patient becomes unable to consume gluten due to the damaging effect the protein has on his or her small intestines. Gluten, on the other hand, is a protein present in wheat, barley, and...
- Can Adults Get Jaundice?
Jaundice is a condition wherein your skin and eyes turn yellowish. Newborns often manifest this type of skin discoloration but adults can also get it. If you think the symptoms you’re having are related to jaundice, be sure to seek medical attention right away. It could be liver, gallbladder, or...
- Vitamins for Celiac Disease
A gluten-free diet is beneficial for those diagnosed with celiac disease. However, to avoid gluten from the diet, they need to be aware of what they are eating. Gluten-free products tend to be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals, which are essential for our body. Moreover, in some cases, the...
- How Does Carafate Help in Treating Stomach Ulcers?
Most people blame stomach ulcers on the stress of modern day life or unhealthy eating habits. But whatever may be the cause, stomach ulcers are common but painful medical conditions to deal with. Stomach ulcers can be seen as sores that are found in the lining of the stomach and in the small...
- IBD and IBS: What’s the Difference?
When discussing different medical conditions, it’s easy to get caught up in all of the terminology. Multisyllabic words and acronyms seem to cover the pages of researchers’ reports on various medical conditions, and this can sometimes make it difficult to understand what is really being...
- Crohn's Disease: Words that Hurt
Living with a chronic illness like Crohn’s disease can be difficult and embarrassing in the best of scenarios. The disease has little to no visible effect on physical appearance, but the demands on a person’s day-to-day activities and lifestyle are extremely burdensome.Without a foundational...
- Dr. Scott Hallgren D.O., F.A.C.P.80 Health Park Drive Louisville Colorado 80027
- Dr. Dennis Ross Laffer M.D.4730 N. Habana Avenue Tampa FL 33614
- Mr. Belur S Sreenath MD3901 66th St N Saint Petersburg FL 33709
- Dr. Arthur L Berman D.O., F.A.A.I.M8250 Bryan Dairy Rd Seminole FL 33777
- Dr. Israel Crespo M D7001 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa FL 33614
- Dr. Abhitabh Patil M.D.1725 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612