Dr. Robert Johnson is a rheumatologist practicing in Roanoke, VA. Dr. Johnson specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Johnson treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Dr. Robert Riley Johnson M.D.'s Practice location
Roanoke, VA 24016Get Direction
Dr. Robert Riley Johnson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Preventing Additional Serious Health Conditions Associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is a debilitating condition that people associate with chronic joint pain and disability. It can affect many other parts of the body in unpredictable ways, so it’s essential to be completely on top of treatment and lifestyle.The inflammation that comes with this autoimmune...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis After Lyme Disease
It is not uncommon for those who have had Lyme disease to develop joint problems under the umbrella of refractory Lyme arthritis; however, researchers are urging to look further into the diagnosis, as it may be something else.Refractory Lyme vs. rheumatoid arthritisWhen you go to your doctor and...
- Professors Engineer Home Test Kit for Determining Lupus Nephritis Flares
Lupus is a disease that is hard to predict. Sometimes, it develops slowly and sometimes, it develops rapidly. It affects people of different ages and yes, that includes children. People who have lupus are likely to suffer complications with their organs like their heart and kidney, as a result from...
- Mistakes to Avoid After Lupus Diagnosis
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease where the immune system targets healthy organs and tissues of the body mistakenly. All organs of the body can be affected including the brain, skin and even blood vessels. The signs and symptoms of lupus often last longer than six weeks when a...
- Alternative Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Why go the alternative route?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease where the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the membranes that line the joints causing inflammation. It is a painful, chronic condition that can be managed by drugs. Although drugs may be effective, they can have...
- How to Explain Lupus Using "The Spoon Theory"
Last year, lupus was brought into focus once again after singer Selena Gomez announced that she had it. It was a blessing in disguise because if it weren't for her, a lot of people wouldn't even know that this illness even existed.Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is the most common form of lupus....
- Dr. Joseph Lemmer MD1802 Braeburn Dr Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Catherine L. Daniel M.D.101 Knotbreak Rd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. William Blaylock M.D.1802 Braeburn Dr Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Adegbenga A. Bankole M.D.3 Rivers Circle Roanoke VA 24016
- Dr. Jane N Nwaonu MD1210 W 18th St Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Dr. Timothy James Henshaw M.D.6335 Corntassel Ln Roanoke VA 24018