Dr. John Boer is an optometrist practicing in Harrisburg, SD. Dr. Boer specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Boer performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. John D Boer O.D.'s Practice location
Harrisburg, SD 57032Get Direction
Dr. John D Boer O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Dr. J M Barnett O.D.3825 S Western Ave Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Kevin L Crouch OD5118 W 26th St Sioux Falls SD 57106
- Dr. Meghan Montreal O.D.2513 Hamilton Blvd Sioux City IA 51104
- Dr. Keith O'neil Rasmussen OD1310 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Jason John Schmit O.D.18502 98th Pl N Osseo MN 55311
- Dr. Thomas Billars OD200 W 37th St Sioux Falls SD 57105