Dr. Joy Downs is a psychologist practicing in Durham, NH. Dr. Downs specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Downs evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Downs because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Joy Roddy Downs PH.D.'s Practice location
Durham, NH 03824Get Direction
Dr. Joy Roddy Downs PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Overstimulation Makes Eye Contact Difficult for Those with Autism, Study Finds
It has been a common perception in recent years that when children with autism avoid eye contact out of indifference. People have said they are in their own world and need to be brought out of it.Children with ASD are very different from one another, in their struggles and levels of functioning. A...
- Behavioral and Emotional Meltdowns in Children with Autism
Parents of children with autism sometimes need to deal with physical and/or emotional outbursts. They could be out-of-control aggressive episodes which include screaming, shouting and crying. They may escalate into kicking, lashing out, and even biting.These episodes are not ‘temper tantrums’,...
- Can Porn Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Introduction Erectile dysfunction is a man’s inability to maintain an erection during sexual activities. It may occasionally happen or may become a chronic or permanent problem. Erectile dysfunction may be due to the following psychological and physical causes:...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- Can Certain Lifestyle Choices Influence the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an illness that affects the body’s nervous system and whose cure has yet to be found. MS is characterized by varying signs and symptoms depending on which part of the nervous system is affected. The main and most common signs and symptoms observable in most patients...
- Dr. Jerrold Pollak PH.D1145 Sagamore Ave Portsmouth NH 03801
- Stephen Jay Seeman PHD165 Rochester Hill Rd Rochester NH 03867
- Mr. Alexander Marino PH.D24 Front St Exeter NH 03833
- Dr. Ann P Hotchkiss PH.D.16 Fifth St Dover NH 03820
- Dr. Laura Marie Connor ED D278 Lafayette Rd Portsmouth NH 03801
- Dr. John Alexander Plumer PH.D.16 5th St Dover NH 03820