Dr. Helene Schwartz is a pathologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Schwartz is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Schwartz can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Schwartz may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1975
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Helene Schwartz M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77002Get Direction
Dr. Helene Schwartz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Dr. Aysegul A. Sahin M.D.1515 Holcombe Boulevard Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Jae Yun Ro MD PHD6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Gonzalo Uribe Botero9606 S Rice Ave Houston TX 77096
- Dr. Catherine Mary Flaitz DDS, MS7500 Cambridge St Houston TX 77054
- Dr. Abdus Saleem MD6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Frank Joseph Corredor M.D.710 Fm 1960 Rd W Houston TX 77090