Dr. Jerome Schechter practices Orthodontics in Allen, TX. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Schechter may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Schechter must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Education and Training
University of Southern California D.D.S.
- Orthodontic Treatment
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Clear Braces
- Professional MemberAmerican Dental Association
- Professional MemberAmerican Association of Orthodontists
- Professional MemberTexas Dental Association
- Professional MemberAlpha Omega Dental Fraternity
- DiplomateNational Board of Orthodontics
Dr. Jerome S. Schechter DDS's Practice location
Frisco, TX 75034Get Direction
Mckinney, TX 75071Get Direction
Plano, TX 75023Get Direction
Dr. Jerome S. Schechter DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schechter
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Mark Padilla DDS, MS3555 National Dr. Plano TX 75025
- Dr. Hessam Rahimi DDS, DMSC, MBA107 S. 1st St. Garland TX 75040
- Dr. Adam W Benham DDS MS8504 Boulder River Trl Mckinney TX 75070
- Dr. Trent Andrew Lofgren DDS, MS2780 Virginia Pkwy Mckinney TX 75071
- Dr. Murray Randolph Ray DDS1530 Forest Lane South Garland TX 75042
- Dr. Hitesh Kapadia DDS, PHD5410 Alpha Rd Dallas TX 75240