Dr. Steve Witkin is an ophthalmologist practicing in Waterville, ME. Dr. Witkin specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Witkin can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Witkin can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1983
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1983
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Program
Dr. Steve Richard Witkin M.D.'s Practice location
Waterville, ME 04901Get Direction
Dr. Steve Richard Witkin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Dr. Erin Elizabeth Lichtenstein MD610 Providence Park Dr E Mobile AL 36695
- Dr. Peter C Kohler M.D.40 Airport Rd Waterville ME 04901
- Dr. Linda Schumacher-feero M.D.227 Eastern Ave Augusta ME 04330
- Dr. Clement W Lavin MD32 College Ave Waterville ME 04901
- Dr. Marc B Daniels M.D.40 Airport Rd Waterville ME 04901
- Dr. James R Putnam M.D.325a Kennedy Memorial Dr Waterville ME 04901