Dr. Joseph Ortego is a psychiatrist practicing in Inglewood, CA. Dr. Ortego is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Ortego diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Ortego may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Ortego treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Dr. Joseph Neil Ortego M.D.'s Practice location
Inglewood, CA 90301Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Neil Ortego M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- The Effects of Sigmund Freud’s Theories to the Modern World
On May 6, 1856, Sigmund Freud was born in the Czech Republic, which was formerly known as Freiberg. Freud came up with the method of psychoanalysis, which is used by modern day psychoanalysts to understand unconscious conflicts after getting some revelation from what their patients desired and...
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Dr. Nancy S. Wolf M.D.1242 Angelo Dr Beverly Hills California 90210
- Dr. Cassandra M. Klyman M.D8235 Santa Monica Blvd West Hollywood CA 90046
- Dr. Tsilya Bass M.D.7801 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles California 90046
- Dr. Deborah K. Lucas D.O.2400 East Katella Avenue Anaheim California 92806
- Dr. Carmen P. Gonzales-Nate M.D.3737 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Lynwood California 90262
- Dr. Gordon V. Brion M.D.PO Box 292543 Los Angeles California 90029