Douglas B Sawyer MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN, 37232
Dr. Douglas Sawyer is a cardiologist practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Sawyer specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sawyer also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Daunorubicin-induced apoptosis in rat cardiac myocytes is inhibited by dexrazoxane.
- Cytokine-mediated apoptosis in cardiac myocytes: the role of inducible nitric oxide synthase induction and peroxynitrite generation.
- NRG-1-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Role of PI-3-kinase, p70(S6K), and MEK-MAPK-RSK.
- Adrenergic overload and apoptosis in heart failure: implications for therapy.
- High-throughput assessment of calcium sensitivity in skinned cardiac myocytes.
- Reactive oxygen species mediate amplitude-dependent hypertrophic and apoptotic responses to mechanical stretch in cardiac myocytes.
- Role of reactive oxygen species and NAD(P)H oxidase in alpha(1)-adrenoceptor signaling in adult rat cardiac myocytes.
- Myocardial hibernation: restorative or preterminal sleep?
- Modulation of anthracycline-induced myofibrillar disarray in rat ventricular myocytes by neuregulin-1beta and anti-erbB2: potential mechanism for trastuzumab-induced cardiotoxicity.
- The sting of salt on an old, but open, wound--is Na(+) the cause of mitochondrial and myocardial injury during ischemia/reperfusion?
- Regulation of neuregulin/ErbB signaling by contractile activity in skeletal muscle.
- Titin determines the Frank-Starling relation in early diastole.
- Inflammatory markers and risk of heart failure in elderly subjects without prior myocardial infarction: the Framingham Heart Study.
- Myocyte contractile activity modulates norepinephrine cytotoxicity and survival effects of neuregulin-1beta.
- Serum insulin-like growth factor I and risk for heart failure in elderly individuals without a previous myocardial infarction: the Framingham Heart Study.
Douglas B Sawyer MD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
PORTLAND, ME 04102Get Direction
Douglas B Sawyer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sawyer
- What is Cardiac Ablation?
Cardiac ablation is a procedure used for atrial fibrillation (a-fib) treatment, which is an irregular beating of the heart. Doctors may recommend the procedure when other methods of treatment such as drugs and heartbeat reset aren’t successful.If atrial fibrillation, or an irregular heart rate,...
- What Causes Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Sudden cardiac arrest is one of the most common causes of death due to cardiac diseases. Sudden cardiac arrest refers to the sudden loss of heart function, resulting in death. It is different from a heart attack in that the latter is caused by a blockage in one of the vessels that supplies the walls...
- When Should You See a Heart Surgeon?
What Does a Heart Surgeon Do?A heart surgeon or cardiovascular surgeon is known for operating on the heart as well as the blood vessels for repairing any damage that has been caused to the heart. This could be due to any kind of disorder or disease of the cardiovascular system. Most of the time, the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
Lupus is a chronic auto immune condition that affects many systems in one's body. Cutaneous lupus erythematosus is one type of lupus. Cutaneous lupus can be divided into three main categories:...
- What is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a chronic autoimmune disease that affects several systems of our body. SLE is also known as discoid lupus or disseminated lupus erythematosus. How common is SLE? Out of all the types of lupus, SLE is the most common form. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a very common...
- What Are the Health Benefits of Flax Seeds?
Numerous products that contain flax seeds are now hitting the market every other day and claim to provide additional health benefits. Flax seeds are now hailed as the new super food that helps to fight a number of diseases, including heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer. Although these seeds have...
- Jeffrey Rottman MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Arthur E. Constantine M.D.4230 HARDING PIKE NASHVILLE TN 37205
- Jorge M. Balaguer1215 21st Avenue Nashville Tennessee 37232
- Daniel Lenihan MD1215 21st Ave S Nashville TN 37232
- Mark Freeman Aaron M.D.4230 Harding Pike Nashville TN 37205
- Adam Prudoff MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232