Dr. Michelle Acker is a psychologist practicing in West Newton, MA. Dr. Acker specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Acker evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Acker because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Michelle Lynne Acker PSY.D.'s Practice location
West Newton, MA 02465Get Direction
Dr. Michelle Lynne Acker PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with Geriatric Depression
Geriatric depression is a mental and emotional disorder that affects seniors. Every stage of life has its own set of challenges and aging is no exception. In fact, significant major changes surface and occur later life, such as the death of a loved one, retirement, medical problems, and increased...
- Autism: Coping with Shopping and Sensory Overload
The neurodevelopmental disorders collectively referred to as autism affects every person differently. Autism presents as a certain set of behaviors that can limit a person’s ability to interact with others. Autism is characterized by certain outwardly visible behaviors such as speech difficulties...
- Bulimia Nervosa: Get the Facts
Bulimia nervosa, commonly called as bulimia, is a serious eating disorder that can have potentially harmful effects. People with bulimia nervosa secretly eat and then purge through an unhealthy way, so they won't put on extra weight.This condition is characterized by repeated episodes of binge...
- How Jon Stewart Highlighted Autism Awareness
When there was a slight glitch in the segment Jon Stewart had planned, he had no problem improvising in the best way - bringing awareness to autism.Carly's storyCarly Fleischmann is only twenty-two years old. She is nonverbal and has severe autism, but she's already making her dreams come true. Ever...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- What Are the Symptoms of Depression in Women?
Depression has an extreme prominence in women, compared to men, and effects the lives of 15% of women in the U.S. It is quite common for women with depression to leave this disorder untreated, because women typically misread the signs and symptoms. An individual can experience depression at any age,...
- Marian Kaplun Shapiro17 Lantern Lane Lexington Massachusetts 02421
- Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.12600 Hill Country Blvd Bee Cave TX 78738
- Dr. James A. Manganello PH.D.9 Grapevine Ave Lexington MA 02421
- Dr. Luanna E Devenis PH.D.76 Bedford Street Lexington Massachusetts 02420-4641
- Dr. Janice R. Levine PH.D.76 Bedford Street Lexington MA 02420
- Dr. Jayne Marie Singer PH.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115