Dr. Lisa Cosimi is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Cosimi specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medicine Research, Pondicherry University 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Mass Gen Hosp, Infectious Diseases; Mass Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
Dr. Lisa A Cosimi M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Lisa A Cosimi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Can I Live a Normal Life with Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is caused by ticks where the bacteria enter the body through its bite. It takes about three to four days for the tick to settle in the body. The initial symptom of the bite is a rash. As the bacteria moves deeper into the system, the symptoms that can be experienced are muscle pain,...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- Dr. Monica Manandhar MD10 Gove st Boston MA 02128
- Dr. Scott Francis Paparello D.O.321 Main St Acton MA 01720
- Dr. Jeffrey A Gelfand MD55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Yoav Golan M.D.750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Bela Rosa Bashar MD55 Dimock St Roxbury MA 02119
- Dr. Katherine Mcgowan MD1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain MA 02130