Dr. David R. Rockwell MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1101 Nott St Schenectady NY, 12308
Dr. David Rockwell is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Schenectady, NY. Dr. Rockwell specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1973
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Infectious Diseases; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Montefiore Univ Hosp/Upmc, Internal Medicine
- Albany Medical Center Program
Dr. David R. Rockwell MD's Practice location
Schenectady, NY 12308Get Direction
Dr. David R. Rockwell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rockwell
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- How to Overcome Lyme Disease with Diet, Supplements, and Natural Treatment Methods
Can you beat Lyme disease naturally? Do diet and supplements have roles to play in Lyme disease? Yes, you can beat Lyme disease naturally with diet and supplements.Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is caused by the bite of a deer tick. Living with Lyme disease can be overwhelming,...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- What Specialists Treat AIDS
Living with HIV/AIDS requires regular doctor visits and routine checkups. So it is best to make sure that you keep up with the many appointments that come up. These can be with dentists, nurses, case managers, counselors, psychiatrists, and other medical needs. It is best to check with your health...
- How is Mononucleosis Diagnosed?
Mononucleosis, nicknamed 'the kissing disease' is an infectious disease spread through saliva and physical contact. Aside from kissing someone with the Epstein-Barr virus, it can be passed through sharing straws, toothbrushes, or eating food from the same plate as an infected person. It is the...
- Is There a Window Period to Test for HIV?
HIV is a virus that attacks and slowly destroys the immune system of the body. Once the virus gets into the body, it gets incorporated in the bloodstream and destroys white blood cells in the immune system. The immune system is a natural system that protects the body from infections. HIV is found in...
- Dr. Cynthia Joan Carlyn M.D.113 Holland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Douglas Grant Fish M.D.66 Hackett Blvd Albany NY 12209
- Dr. David M Liebers M.D.1101 Nott St Schenectady NY 12308
- Dr. Ralph L Liporace M.D.66 Hackett Blvd Albany NY 12209
- Dr. Luz A Lugo MD36 Seventh Avenue New York NY 10011
- Dr. Peter R Maggiore MD1202 Medical Center Dr Wilmington NC 28401