Dr. Ralph Bernstein is a gastroenterologist practicing in Oakland, CA. Dr. Bernstein specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Bernstein performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Howard Univ Coll of Med, Washington Dc 1962
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Boston Univ Med Ctr/Univ Hp, Internal Medicine; Boston City Hosp, Internal Medicine; Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Ralph B Bernstein MD's Practice location
Oakland, CA 94602Get Direction
Dr. Ralph B Bernstein MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
- Nausea and Vomiting as Symptoms of Colon Cancer
The majority of people with colon cancer do not experience any symptoms during the early stages of the disease. However, there are early signs of colon cancer that we need to be aware of.Colon cancer usually starts to occur with the development of non-cancerous (benign) polyps. These polyps develop...
- 5 Foods to Eat When you Have Anemia
Anemia refers to a state where the body witnesses a decrease in the number of circulating red blood cells causing symptoms like paleness of skin, lethargicness, headache and chest pain. Termed as the most common blood disorder, anemia is strictly not a disease, but a disorder that is often a...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is actually a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous...
- How Does Carafate Help in Treating Stomach Ulcers?
Most people blame stomach ulcers on the stress of modern day life or unhealthy eating habits. But whatever may be the cause, stomach ulcers are common but painful medical conditions to deal with. Stomach ulcers can be seen as sores that are found in the lining of the stomach and in the small...
- Signs and Symptoms of Cholera
Signs and Symptoms of CholeraCholera is an acute and devastating gastrointestinal disease that occurs in humans. It is characterized as a diarrheal disorder that is the result of an enterotoxin produced by a bacteria called vibrio cholerae.The bacterium is comma shaped hence the alias the V comma....
- Dr. Samuel Tesfay M.D.1425 South Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596
- Dr. Steven Alan Friedman MD5601 Morris Canyon Road San Ramon CA 94583
- Dr. Timothy M Sowerby MD1350 S Eliseo Dr Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Francis Yung-kang Yao MD350 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Kenneth Taylor Roost MD1828 El Camino Real Burlingame CA 94010
- Dr. Jonathan P. Terdiman MD2330 Post St San Francisco CA 94115