Dr. Debra Mattingly is a speech language pathologist practicing in STUART, FL. Dr. Mattingly specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mattingly evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mattingly helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Debra L Mattingly M.A., SLP's Practice location
STUART, FL 34994Get Direction
Debra L Mattingly M.A., SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Mrs. Amanda Mcnesby Lindsay M.S. CCC-SLP4042 SW BAMBERG ST PORT SAINT LUCIE FL 34953
- Ms. Lynn Lorna Graff MA,MS, CCC-SLP3283 NE SKYLINE DR JENSEN BEACH FL 34957
- Jean Gagliotti1185 NW 13TH TER STUART FL 34994
- Carlos Carrasquillo403 SE WALTON LAKES DR PORT SAINT LUCIE FL 34952
- Elizabeth Whitty Ernst SLP3496 NW FEDERAL HWY STE G JENSEN BEACH FL 34957
- Rhonda Kay Drawdy7664 GERMANY CANAL RD FORT PIERCE FL 34987