Dr. Laurence Dahners is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Dahners specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Dahners tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Az Coll of Med, Tucson Az 1978
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Reduction of posterior hip dislocations in the lateral position using traction-countertraction: safer for the surgeon?
- Orthopaedic clinician scientists.
- The pentapeptide NKISK affects collagen fibril interactions in a vertebrate tissue.
- The effect of NKISK on tendon in an in vivo model.
- A cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor impairs ligament healing in the rat.
- High-pressure pulsatile lavage irrigation of fresh intraarticular fractures: effectiveness at removing particulate matter from bone.
- Periacetabular osteotomy for stabilization of recurrent post-traumatic dislocation of the hip.
- An in vivo model of degenerative disc disease.
- Comparison of the mechanical properties of different tension band materials and suture techniques.
- The running near-near-far-far stitch for closure of fasciotomies and other large wounds.
- The influence of a cyclooxygenase-1 inhibitor on injured and uninjured ligaments in the rat.
- Rigid immobilization alters matrix organization in the injured rat medial collateral ligament.
- Late presentation of a displaced subcapital fracture of the hip in transient osteoporosis of pregnancy.
- Augmented repair and early mobilization of acute anterior cruciate ligament injuries.
- Tendon creep is potentiated by NKISK and relaxin which produce collagen fiber sliding.
- Univ Of Ks Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Ks Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Laurence E Dahners MD's Practice location
Dr. Laurence E Dahners MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Dahners
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain along with sleep disturbances, memory problems, mood swings, and fatigue. According to studies, fibromyalgia intensifies painful sensations by affecting how the brain processes pain...
- How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis is the common term used to describe over a hundred types of ailments that affect the joints. There are several causes of arthritis including physical wear and tear, autoimmunity, infections, and faulty metabolism, among others. Arthritis is a progressive disease with no known cure.Common...
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Dr. Nael Shanti M.D.1110 SE Cary Pkwy Cary North Carolina 27518
- Dr. William P. Silver M.D.8300 Health Park Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27615
- Dr. Selene G. Parekh MD3609 SW Durham Road Durham North Carolina 27707
- Dr. Louis C Almekinders MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Brian E Brigman M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Daniel J Albright MD3515 Glenwood Ave Raleigh NC 27612