Dr. Julia Iezzoni is a pathologist practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Iezzoni is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Iezzoni can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Iezzoni may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1987
Washington Center / School of Medicine 1987
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Cryptogenic cirrhosis: clinical characterization and risk factors for underlying
- Mitochondrial abnormalities in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Troglitazone-associated hepatic failure.
- Pretransplantation hepatitis C virus quasispecies may be predictive of outcome after liver transplantation.
- Hepatitis C-induced hepatic allograft injury is associated with a pretransplantation elevated viral replication rate.
- Nonneoplastic endometrial signet-ring cells. Vacuolated decidual cells and stromal histiocytes mimicking adenocarcinoma.
- Improved outcome for HCV recipients with normal serum transaminases after liver transplantation.
- Biomechanical properties of tissue-engineered cartilage from human and rabbit chondrocytes.
- Effects of transforming growth factor Beta and insulinlike growth factor 1 on the biomechanical and histologic properties of tissue-engineered cartilage.
- Colorimetric detection of herpes simplex virus by DNA in situ sandwich hybridization: a rapid, formamide-free, random oligomer-enhanced method.
- The zonal distribution of megamitochondria with crystalline inclusions in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Has natural selection in human populations produced two types of metabolic syndrome (with and without fatty liver)?
- Hepatocyte cytokeratin 7 expression in chronic allograft rejection.
- The role of Epstein-Barr virus in lymphoepithelioma-like carcinomas.
- Sarcomatoid carcinomas (carcinosarcomas) of the gastrointestinal tract: a review.
- Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Yale New Haven Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Barnes-Jewish Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Washington University School Of Med
Julia C. Iezzoni's Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22908Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22908Get Direction
Julia C. Iezzoni's reviewsWrite Review
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Mark R. Wick Other1215 Lee Street Charlottesville Virginia 22908
- Dr. Hina Shafique Qureshi M.D.2030 Avon Ct Charlottesville VA 22902
- Dr. James D. Gorham M.D. PH.D.1 Medical Center Dr Lebanon NH 03756
- Dr. Thomas D Bourne MDUva Hospital Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Darin P Trelka MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Mani S. Mahadevan M.D.3rd Hospital Dr Charlottesville VA 22908