Dr. Steven Lafayette is an ophthalmologist practicing in Wheaton, IL. Dr. Lafayette specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Lafayette can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Lafayette can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 2005
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Ophthalmology (eye Disease), Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma And More
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- FellowAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
- University of Chicago Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Chicago Affiliated Hospitals 2002
Dr. Steven R Lafayette M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Steven R Lafayette M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lafayette
- What is Dry Eye?
Dry eyes are a condition in which the eyes do not get enough moisture and lubrication from tears. It is the tears that provides constant moisture to the eyes, which is very important for comfort of viewing. It is a very common condition in the population, particularly in people above 40-years-old....
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What is Conjunctivitis: The Facts
Conjunctivitis is a condition that most commonly appears in the human eyeball, specifically in the front of the eye. Conjunctivitis can be seen when the white part of the eye turns red or pink. Most people think that red eye can appear if they don’t sleep enough, but they might not actually be...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Manvi Prakash Maker2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026
- Dr. Veeral S. Sheth M.D.2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026
- Dr. Lee Richard Katzman M.D.1930 Via Centre Dr Vista CA 92081
- Dr. Herbert C Becker M.D.650 Spring Hill Ring Rd Dundee IL 60118
- Dr. Kevin J Kovach M.D.152 N Addison Ave Elmhurst IL 60126
- Dr. Brian David Smith M.D.950 N York Rd Hinsdale IL 60521