Dr. John Sim, MD specializes in internal medicine and nephrology, and currently sees patients in San diego, California and Santa barbara, California. Dr. Sim graduated from Chicago Medical School and ...
Education and Training
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Sleep Disorders
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Kaiser Permanente Southern Ca, Nephrology; La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. John Sim M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. John Sim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sim
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Foods
Wine – Red wine is known to be very good for the body when consumed in moderation. Resveratrol, an important component of red wine, reduces the damage to blood vessels, prevents blood clots, and lowers the levels of LDL cholesterol. Studies have shown that resveratrol inhibits the growth of...
- Diagnosing Heart Palpitations
What are heart palpitations?Heart palpitations are when you start feeling your own heart beating. You will feel as if your heart is beating too fast, slow, forcefully, or irregularly. You will feel as if you missed a beat. The frequency and severity of heart palpitations will vary from one person to...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Obesity & Sleep Disorders, Affect Child's Ability to Learn
A new study has shown that weight, sleeping disorders, and inability to learn are all linked with each other in children. A child who is overweight and who does not get enough sleep may have difficulty learning. Moreover, a child who has learning disabilities has a higher risk of developing obesity...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Dr. Laurel Bliss MD317 W. Pueblo St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Dr. Kelly Elizabeth Williams M.D.5333 Hollister Ave Santa Barbara CA 93111
- Dr. Nicole G Stern M.D.1224 E Lowell St Tucson AZ 85721
- Dr. Shaun Ehsani MD215 Pesetas Ln Santa Barbara CA 93110
- Ms. Irene Bakman MDPueblo And Bath Street Santa Barbara CA 93102
- Dr. George N Messerlian M.D.317 W Pueblo St Santa Barbara CA 93105